Tuesday, February 23, 2016

{ Hello–color challenge }

Hi, here I am again. I saw this color challenge from Just Us Girls blog and I had to play. I received a few Color Burst colors and I had to give them a try. The one used here is called Ultramarine Blue. I watched some videos on YouTube to figure out how to use it. I used watercolor paper that was painted with white gesso, left over from another project, just to try it out. I spritz water over the paper and then squeezed the bottle gently over the top. I should have taken a photo before I layered all the other elements over the top.

Hello by Daniela Dobson

I love to mix and match things, especially my stamps. I picked several from my mixed media/journal box and went to work using only colors from the challenge: Teal, Aqua, Navy. The stamps I used (in order that I stamped them): Love Score, Really Useful Stamps – Circles, Flourish 1, Silhouette 15 (butterflies), Everyday Words (hello). Not too bad, right. The first two were stamped with Navy ink and the rest with Aqua. I distressed the edges and the navy mat under the watercolor paper. The flower with the center are teal. I added a few sequins to match.

Hello close by Daniela Dobson

Here are all the stamps I used.

These are the Color Burst I am using.

 Challenge #331 COLOR WEEK


Don’t forget to check out my last post with a second layout created with Gale Song from Scraptastic Club.

XO close by Daniela Dobson

Impression Obsession Happy Birthday challenge is still open.

Happy birthday close by Daniela Dobson

Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. What an amazing card Daniela! That background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I love everything about it. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful, Daniela! I haven't had a chance to purchase any Colorburst yet but I'm loving the cards I'm seeing around the internet using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Daniela!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that Ultramarine bg looks pretty great! Your choices in the other stamps and elements are pretty effective, too! Great card!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! Your card looks absolutely amazing! Love all the stamps you used and that Ultramarine is such a gorgeous color! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:50 PM

    These are gorgeous Daniela!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty and fun! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.