Monday, October 20, 2014

{ Die cutting Saturday–cut file 001 }

I know it’s not Saturday, but Paper Issues has a new monthly challenge - Die Cutting Saturday. Each month they will be sharing a free Silhouette cut file with a challenge to use it on a project. You can download your free file on their blog.

Here is what I came up with. I took only one of the six corner circles and enlarged them to fit my page. I used the knife tool to cut just the parts I needed. I cut it out from patterned paper that I have been hoarding. I had an idea to use some of my old rub-ons that I had put away and had to look for. Some of these are really old: Urban Lilly, Basic Grey, Bo Bunny and Scenic Route.

Living in the moment by Daniela Dobson

I used some of the brand new stamps from Technique Tuesday - Having Some Fun, Living and Laughing and Folding Banners - Fresh Cut Studio - October 2014. There is a new date stamp called Many Months that has beautiful font. I stamped the sayings on die cut vellum and tags from Elle’s Studio.
I added the rub-ons to the empty circles on the left side. The one on the right bottom corner has a star, but since it didn’t go with my layout I just covered it up with one of the other circle.

Living in the moment close by Daniela Dobson

I used a mixture of things, some new and some very old (rub-ons), but it all worked together. I love the black and hot pink together. It’s been a long time since I did a page just for me.

Living in the moment close 2 by Daniela Dobson

That is all from me. If you want to play along check out their blog and download the free file. Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I really love this!! Thank you for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:37 PM

    WOW Daniela! This is awesome!! Love the circles and wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girlie!!! I LOVE this!!!!! Hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the cut file! Love how you enlarged it! Thank you for linking it up to the Die Cutting Challenge over at Paper Issues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous layout!! Love all the circles, words and embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous layout! I have not yet playing with Paper Issues for a while and this is excited to know that they are now have Die Cutting challenge. I will check it out :D Thanks for the inspiration and sharing the info :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.