Thursday, February 20, 2014

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge – Favorite Technique }

Hi and welcome to our  Impression Obsession challenge – Favorite Technique!

Our challenge starts today, February 20, and continues to the following Wednesday evening, February 26, at 10 PM.

Create a new project using  Impression Obsession stamps and post it on Impression Obsession Blog, between February 20-26. A winner will be chosen randomly to win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store.

This time my favorite technique is die cutting. Especially stamping on a coordinating die. As much as I love to fussy cut, it’s just easier to die cut.

Here is my card featuring brand new die and a matching stamp set:

DIE148-L Bunch of Blossoms DIES
CS540 Bunch of Blossoms CLEAR STAMPS

Thank you by Daniela Dobson 0314

I started by adding washi tape to the bottom alternating with a striped stamp from Basic Borders 1 stamp set. Washi idea came from Ribbon Carousel RRC90 to use washi on a card. The top of the card I sprayed with Heidi Swapp color shine and added die cut clouds. The card is based on a sketch from Fusion #4 challenge.

Here is what the stamp set and dies look like.

image

I used Pennants die and a matching stamp for my flower placement. There are several different flowers in this set and they are really easy to match up to the dies. I doubled my cardstock and so I had several different die cut flowers. I felt that I needed some leaves so I used Leaf Cluster die. I colored them with Faber Castel Gelatos.

The sentiment, from Warm Fuzzies Sentiments set, coordinates with Banners & Tails Die set.

Thank you close by Daniela Dobson

That is all from me. Make sure you check out what the rest of our DT created.

I hope you play along.

IO Blog
Anna Wight
Daniela Dobson -------> you are here
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett


Supplies:

13 comments:

  1. What gorgeous Spring colors, and those flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! This card smiled at me. And, I smiled back! Very sweet colors. The flowers are fun. Joy to look at. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so very springy and colorful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome spring, with all the flowers and beautiful colors. beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:10 AM

    Beautiful card! I love all the border colors and flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Great idea to use the pennants die&stamps. These flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cheerful and colorful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card! I love that bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Card. I am so with you on this technique I love how simple the die cut and stamp sets are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card, Daniela. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:38 AM

    Such a fun and happy little card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a bright and happy card ... how can you not smile looking at this?! Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.