Wednesday, August 10, 2011

{ Citrus Tree Studio August sketch challenge }

We have monthly challenges at Citrus Tree Studio that start on the 10th of each month. My assignment was to do a sketch. Here is a card that I created using Picnic in the Park August kit.


My sketch.


Do you see my little set up for this card? On the floor, with only a few supplies. Alex was hanging out with me and "helping me".  He was more interested in his cars, though.  


This was a left over piece of paper and I liked that it had punched butterflies at the top. I used Sticky Dot Runner by Therm O Web to adhere the patterned paper. 
I leaves are cut with my Cricut Expression and I added some Clearsnap ColorBox Toffee Fluid Chalk ink to the edges. I added small Zots Adhesive Dots by Therm O Web to the die cut. This gives me some flexibility to manipulate and mold the leaves. I use my fingers to bend and curl the edges. 


The large Zots Adhesive Dots by Therm O Web are perfect for these large flowers and a button. I used the same Zots Adhesive Dots for the rick rack. My first time using it on ribbon and I love it.


Here is my little mini album that I created with the Citrus Tree Studio August kit Picnic in the Park. It uses the long envelopes and cards that came in the kit. I added little jewels and flowers, tags that I stamped with butterflies. The large butterfly is a tag that I traced on patterned paper and cut out.
The photos are from last summer of Alex and his cousins.










The front and back pages are made from cardstock. I used two long envelopes for the inside pages that I folded and cut open on each end. There is lots of space for more photos and journaling.  
I used Superstik Glue Stick by Therm O Web to adhere all the patterned paper to the envelopes. For a very strong bond, apply a thin coating to both sides. In this case, the patterned paper and envelope. I used my bone folder to make sure everything is nice and smooth.  I used Small, Medium, Large and Tiny Zots Adhesive Dots by Therm O Web for all the embellishments. 
To adhere the pages together I used a strip of Super Tape by Therm O Web, close to the spine, and added Sticky Strip Runner by Therm O Web to the rest of the envelope pages.

Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Cute card and mini album Daniela! Love the summery colors and pretty button blossom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.