Wednesday, June 02, 2010

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge -summer/beach/nautical }

The challenge was Beach/Nautical, but I messed up and made a Summer card. Oh well, I like it. I used CPS #169 for the card.
I used some of the new Impression Obsession stamps. Cover-a-card Distress Dots (CC046) and Ornate Corner (F5550). I stamped the Distress Dots with Summer Sun Ink and then I sprayed the Ornate Corner with blue Shimmerz spray and stamped it.  I added a doily to the top that I sponged with some ink.
The beautiful butterfly is Dream Butterfly (H1774) that I cut out. I added a button and a flower that I covered with Shimmerz Vibez. The sentiment is from Anytime Sentiments set (CL43) and it's perfect for a Summer sentiment. For a fun embellishment I stamped a sun from Summer Seals (CL107) and cut it in half.


I hope you'll take the time to visit the other designers' blogs for inspiration!  Jeanne,  JulieKathy, Dina, Laura and Jenny.


***Would you like to see your card featured on the Impression Obsession blog? Email your challenge cards using Impression Obsession images to Shirley. Every week, cards will be selected to showcase on the Impression Obsession blog!!! You have until midnight this Saturday to enter your card. A random winner will be selected from the submissions to receive a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate! You can find all the info HERE.

11 comments:

  1. Butterflies and doilies are a perfect combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is so pretty! I love the way you mix and match -- you have the most inspiring combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on this challenge...so different and yet so softly tropical. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous butterfly! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous card!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told you. It's drop dead gorgeous! Love everything you did right down to the doily. The butterfly is heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Daniela! Blue and yellow is one of my favorite color combo right now!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, this is one GORGEOUS card!! Love all the elements, the doily, the butterfly, the yellow (my favorite color;), lots of great eye candy to look at!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Love how you combined all the colors and elements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it too. Love the doily and the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used the doily for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.