Friday, June 25, 2010

{ The Cutting Cafe' butterfly card }



I used my Cricut Expression to cut the butterfly card shape. I embossed the front of the card with Cuttlebug embossing folder. I cut two different size butterflies for the top. I use my SCAL software to resize those files to any size that I want.
I stitched around the edges of the top butterfly with floss. The flowers are from Flower Pot Shaped Card Template and Cutting file. I cut those with my Cricut, as well. The leaves are a Hero Arts stamp that I stamped on cardstock and cut out.

For the antennas, I used two Prima flowers.

The sentiment is printed on cardstock and it's from  Flower Pot Shaped Card Template and Cutting file.

Here are some photos of our visit to the Duck Creek Blackberry farm  last weekend. Alex had so much fun. We filled a large bucket of delicious blackberries that we ate all week.  

I made a Blackberry cobbler for the first time and it was so good. I got a great recipe here, but made some changes as suggested in some of the reviews.

Enjoy your weekend.

23 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely beautiful! I may just have to try that on my cricut too...lol Love all the detail, layers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! What a gorgeous card! All the details are fantastic. :)

    LOVE the pics of Alex... He's getting SO big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG your card is STUNNING!! I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butterfly card is simply adorable! I LOVE the details on it, Daniela! The stamped leaves and the Prima flowers for antenna...too cute.

    And your little boy? I just want to squeeze him!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing-I am in love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! What can I say, this is simply exquisite and would certainly brighten anyone's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg..my jaw dropped...thsi si unbeleivable...and alex ack too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ditto to what everyone else said...this is by far the cutest ever girl....omg omg omg ...and the little man is getting so darn big..what a cutey....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is wowwowowowow
    and yummmm at the black berries we used to have tonssssss of the blackberry bushes behind my daddys shop! Brings back fond memories.
    Alex is sooo cuteee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvelous butterfly card!! It's truly a beauty!!! The stitching and butterfly layers are gorgeous! Alex is so cute!! I love his long hair!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOH, love that butterfly!! Gorgeous card:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How gorgeous! I love the color, love the idea ...love the layers! Gosh, I just love it all ...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...this is amazing... I love all the files that the Cutting Cafe has... but I didn't think you could cut with the Cricut. Can you tell me how you did that? I have the expression and SCAL... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunningly card! awesome. i like your blog very much. it inspires me. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely the most beautiful paper butterfly I have ever seen. And your little boy is truly precious.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  16. That butterfly card is irresistible! I made some 3D butterfly cards too and posted already. I did not have exact template, but I used the Home Accent Cartridge. I think It works Ok.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is drop dead GORGEOUS! LOVE it!
    Great photos! He's getting soooo BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous7:02 AM

    This card is darling! I know I can copy it closely with my Silhouette! I love it!

    Cindy Key
    rakeyandcindy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so scraplifting this card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gasp! that butterfly is FaBuLoUs!!

    Ok and I drooled over the yummy treat. I'm trying to make better choices and it's currently late and I promised myself no late night snacking ... Oh man. I better go drink some water. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is one GORGEOUS card Daniela...Love the layers, the papers and just the whole card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card...I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.