Tuesday, May 19, 2009

{ Caardvarks challenge - Shaped cards, Project 365 - week 20 }

There is a new challenge up at Caardvarks. This challenge is all about creating shapes. You have to check out the shaped card examples here.

I drew an umbrella in Adobe Photoshop and added my own little adjustments. I used a new stamp set by Impression Obsession Bridal Shower. I embossed my umbrella card and stitched around the edges, very carefully. The flowers are stamped on patterned paper and cut out.

I hope you can come and play. To enter go to Caardvarks and link your shaped card. Deadline is June 3, by Midnight PST.

The sponsor for the challenge is Scrapbook News and Review

The prize: the prize: 3 month subscription to SN&R magazine!

Project 365 - week 20

5.11 - Mother's Day dinner. We decided not to go out on Sunday because it would be too crowded. We had so much fun. Thai food. 5.12 - it stopped raining and I took Alex to the playground. He was resting before we went back home. 5.13 - Alex playing with his blocks and trucks. 5.14 - he loves to play Wii. He jumps around, walks in circles and moves like we move. So funny. 5.15 - we went shopping for a sand/water box and found this. He couldn't figure out how to walk forward, only backwards. He thought it was funny until he fell through the hole. I don't think he is ready for this, yet. 5.16 - latest thing, he has to have all his animals on his table while he eats. He feeds them, gives them kisses and plays. He knows what they all are. 5.17 - We found the sand/water box and he loves it!

20 comments:

  1. just adorable (the card and Alex!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Bridal Shower card is just too cute. Love all the pics of Alex. He is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You card is so beautiful Daniela! So delicate and whimsical!

    Darling pics of Alex! He seems to be loving the warm weather!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this umbrella!! Love the flowers!!

    Cute photos too~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniela, you created such a gorgeous card. So much intricate details and embellishing just make this a stunner!
    Not to mention the kiddos are pretty adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that card us adorable! alex is so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your adorable card. The rows of flowers are the perfect touch. And those pics are super cute! My favrite is the one of him with the Wii remote...that's a view you'll be seeing for a LOOONG time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so adorable!! I really love how you stitched around it and added the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daniela, we have a little Tykes car like that that I got at a garage sale 9 years ago for $12 and it has been a great investment! All three of my kids have played with it and they still do. (We keep it in our basement so it doesn't get wrecked outside!)
    Great pictures and card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How CUTE is that umbrella card!! I love how you decorated that.

    Alex is a DOLL!! I love your pic with him on Mother's Day!! He's so cute...I could eat him up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the water table and the summer card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so lovely! I can't believe you were able to stitch around it. That's true talent! The pink flowers are the perfect touch! And, I LOVE the pom pom trim!

    CUTE, photos of Alex! He's a doll! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely little brolly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow I love your umbrella card! how cute. Thanks for the inspiration
    Hugs
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is flippin fantastic and Alex is a cutie! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is adorable... super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This umbrella is SO adorable! *make a note in my inspirationbook*

    ReplyDelete
  19. adorable indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  20. That umbrella card is TOO MUCH!!!!!!! Just FAB! Alex... cute as always!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.