Monday, March 31, 2008

{ My little monkey }

Alex has many nicknames, and this is one of them. I don't even know when it started, but ever since then I see monkey stuff all over the place. His shirt (see below) gave me an idea for the card. I had these Autumn Leaves stamps since I was pregnant and just now got to use them. The paper is new Die Cuts With A View Nana's Nursery collection Baby Boy. I stamped the tree branch and the monkey on patterned paper and then cut it out. I embossed the background with Sizzix embossing template and then sanded the embossed lines. Die Cuts With A View cardstock had that white core that I love.
Look what I found the other day at Target. I just had to get it for him. I went back yesterday and they have many other monkey themed things. I saw a piggy bank, cookie jar, lunch box.... I found another blue outfit for him at Kohl's that has a monkey hanging on the front and it comes with a bib that says: "My little monkey". And then yesterday I found the same one, but in pink, for his little friend Mia who has the same nickname.
I actually have more things to show you, but no time to write it all up. My husband comes home on Friday and I will have more time then. I want to give away some crochet flowers this week so be on a look out for that post. It is late and I need to go to bed. Alex is sleeping, but not for long. Doing all this by myself is totally exhausting.

8 comments:

  1. So cute Daniela ~ LOVE that adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card with the embossed sanded bg. And Alex looks so sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! Alex is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex is such a cutie!!! I love all the fun monkey stuff you found! :)
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby is so cute and the monkey stuff adorable.
    Did you know that High Hopes stamps has a new jungle line and they have a Monkey named Mike? He is too cute. I will post my card later on the weekend and if you have time you can go and see the stamp. There are three versions, small, large and hanging on a vine.
    Have a great day and go "bananas LOL"
    Bela

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. it is so cute to see your little guy in photos. Some of us has counted the days with you on your ticker counter. Congrats again on such a sweetie. Life is bliss when a child enters it.
    Yes, and doing it on your own is hard (I know from experience LOL) a little hair dye and I am fine LOL
    Bela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:03 PM

    Oh he is such a cutie Pie and my he is growing..bless im:)x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.